Headlights mounted


Since I have been spending so much time with the frame I decided to take a break from that and work on the headlights. The front of the car just didn’t look like much sitting IMAG0039around without headlights in it. So I mounted a pair of 4 1/2 inch driving lights to the bottom and a set of 5 3/4 headlights to the top. There are not high and low combined sealed beams in that size I could find so I used some conversion headlights that can use standard Halogen bulbs so I can have high and low beams in the single light easily. I don’t like how the adjusters are mounted to the back side of the bucket so I will probably modify them as soon as I can think of a good way to do it.

Mounting the driving lights was pretty straightforward. I cut the backs out of the housing so I could access the bulb without taking everything apart. I then just cut a hole the exact size of the housing and Popped them in place. I put a few small dings in the metal so it holds in place pretty solidly. I will shim and aim them later before gluing the housing down permanently. The upper lights I did basically the same except I kept the hole slightly bigger than the bucket and used the mounting plate from the headlights behind it. I then assembled the buckets in the car and with the mounting plate behind it I can aim the headlights without a lot of trouble. I need to do a bit of detail work making them work better but for now they are mounted and done.

The headlight covers need to be trimmed up a bit to fit the openings and mounted but since none of the body work is done I will not mess with them for a while. I would like to tint them slightly but I have no idea how to do that so they might just stay clear.